Opossums Pest Removal
Thank you for calling Freedom Pest Control to trap and remove your opossums. Opossums like to hide under decks or other slabs like a garage or addition. They are optimistic which means they look for food left out including pet food, composted food or bird seed.
Here are a few things you can do as a general way to discourage opossums:
- Do not intentionally provide food for the opossums.
- Prevent possums from getting into your trash.
- Feed your pets indoors.
- Keep food in secure compost containers.
- Clean barbecue grills and grease traps after you use them.
- Pick up fruit that drops from trees or bushes.
- Keep bird feeders away from your home.
The first step in removing the opossums is to locate the nesting area. Using the information that you the customer provided us we locate the opening and place our traps in such a way that we can trap all the opossums. Once the opossums are trapped and removed and our technician is sure no other opossums are in the den, we close in the opening with rocks and or dirt if possible. This will stop anything else from entering your home or at least make sure if something does, you can notify us to start trapping again.