Portsmouth Homeowners' Complete Guide To Effective Ant Control
March 27, 2022
Ants are beneficial insects when they are outside your home, but once they start invading, they can quickly wreak havoc, taking over food sources, pet food bowls, and more. But with the many options out there for ant pest control, it can be difficult to know which is best for your particular situation, and it gets even more confusing if you are looking for ant control products safe for pets.
Learn about the issues ants can create in your home, easy and effective ant prevention tips for organic ant control for your home, and why professional ant control is a great idea for your home. If you are looking for ant control near you, reach out to Portsmouth Pest Control company Freedom Pest Control for the best solutions tailored specifically for your ant problem.
The Life Cycle Of Common Ants
Ants go through four stages in their life cycle, first starting as an egg that will hatch into a larva, then becoming a pupa, and finally an adult. The process takes about 60 days. A healthy colony can have 200,000 ants, with the queen making about 800 eggs a day. With such a prolific reproductive process, you can see why it is crucial to take care of an ant infestation as soon as you see one. Before we go over the variety of effective ant control methods, let’s review the different issues ants can create in your home.
The Issues Ants Can Create In Your Home
Ants seem small and harmless enough, but don’t let that fool you. They can cause serious issues including the following:
- Some kinds of ants, like carpenter ants, can damage wooden structures just like termites do.
- Ants can spread bacteria throughout your house.
- Ants can quickly invade leftover food in your kitchen, making it imperative to always keep your home clean.
- Ants can trigger allergic reactions in people prone to asthma.
- Some ants, like odorous ants, can release an unpleasant odor when crushed.
- Ants can quickly take over pet food bowls, compromising your pets' safety and health, as well as leading an infestation into your home.
Ants can create significant issues in your home. If you suspect an ant infestation in your home, make sure to take immediate steps to get rid of it before the colony establishes itself and becomes more difficult to control.
Five Easy And Effective Ant Prevention Tips For Your Home
Ant pest control is more effective when you also focus on prevention. The following tips will help you keep them away quite effectively:
- Close up holes, cracks, and crevices around your property that ants might use to come inside your home. Check the foundation, the spaces near doors and windows, and where utilities enter your home.
- Do not leave food out, keep garbage cans closed and clean, and clean up spills as soon as they happen.
- Plant ant-repelling vegetation like rosemary, lavender, catnip, peppermint, and thyme.
- Remove ant scent trails by keeping surfaces clean.
- For the most effective solutions for ant control in your house, reach out to a professional pest control company.
If you have tried ant prevention tips and ants are still a problem, reaching out to professionals with experience in ant pest control is a good option that will help you get rid of your ant problem safely and quickly.
Why Professional Ant Control Is A Great Idea For Your Home
If you’ve tried the different methods of ant prevention or attempted DIY ant control in your house and still suffer from an ant infestation, professional ant control can be a great idea for your home. By finding a qualified company experienced in ant control near you, you will be able to target the source of the infestation and get rid of your ant problem quickly, safely, and effectively. Freedom Pest Control has the experience and knowledge to rid your home of ants and keep them away for good.