The Secret To Getting Rid Of Mice In Your Portsmouth Home
March 21, 2022
Mice are one of the top pests homeowners want to avoid at all costs, and for good reason. It is estimated that over 20% of the world’s food supply is contaminated by mice and rats, and they cause millions of dollars in property damage in the United States alone. Learn to recognize the signs of a mouse infestation, what diseases house mice are known to spread, and the best way to get rid of mice throughout their life cycle. If your home has a mouse infestation, Freedom Pest Control provides Portsmouth pest control you can rely on.
Clear Signs Of A Mouse Infestation In Your House
Do you suspect a mouse infestation in your house? The following list will help you recognize the clear signs of mice in your house. If you suspect that mice have taken over your home, be sure to take immediate action, as they are known to reproduce quickly and often, making it harder to get rid of them as time passes. You might have mice in your home if you notice one or more of the following:
- Mouse droppings, which are granular and black, can be up to 1/4 of an inch in length.
- Gnaw marks may appear from mice biting furniture.
- A nest of mice means that mice are living and reproducing in your home.
- Noises in the walls and in hidden places are often an indication of mice. Mice are known to burrow into walls, which is why you might not see them but might still hear them.
- Seeing a mouse is a sure sign that you have a mouse problem in your home.
If you notice any of these signs, you might have a mouse infestation. It is important to contact a professional for advice on getting rid of them as they are not only destructive, they reproduce quickly and become harder to exterminate.
The Dangerous Diseases Mice Are Known To Spread
Unfortunately, mice do not only cause property damage. They can carry and transmit several dangerous diseases, including the following:
- Lymphocytic choriomeningitis
House mouse diseases are not only transmitted through mice droppings; they can also transmit them through urine you might not notice is there, and some pathogens can be airborne. Those dangerous diseases can also spread throughout the mouse's life cycle, which is why it is crucial to remedy an infestation as soon as possible.
Why Mousetraps Aren't Enough To Get Rid Of An Entire Infestation
While mousetraps are popular options for homeowners, they are unfortunately not the best way to get rid of mice. Here are a few reasons why.
- Mousetraps only get rid of one mouse at a time, so you would need many to get all of them.
- Mice can reproduce faster than you can change the traps.
- Mousetraps are inhumane and can often hurt the mice without killing them. Glue traps will trap them, but it will then take starvation and dehydration for a mouse to die.
- Mice can learn to recognize mouse traps and avoid them, rendering them ineffective.
As you can see, mouse traps just aren’t a good enough option to get rid of an entire infestation. Instead of traps that work occasionally or not at all, there is a better way to completely get rid of mice.
How To Completely Get Rid Of Mice In Your Portsmouth Home
If you have a mouse infestation in your house, you can see how important it is to take care of it right away. Mice will destroy your property quickly by chewing up furniture, eating your food supply, and potentially transmitting diseases as well. At the first signs of mice, the best way to get rid of them quickly, safely, and effectively is to reach out to the professionals who have experience with these infestations. Freedom Pest Control has a team of experts who can explain the different options available to you to make your mouse problem a thing of the past.