Bed bugs are pests that no Portsmouth homeowner wants to find in their home. Not only can they damage property, they can also cause painful bites as well as trigger allergic reactions, and it gets worse when you know that out of all the other pest control situations, bed bug control is one of the most difficult. Learn the various ways to determine if you have bed bugs in your home, the different problems an infestation can create, and whether or not natural pest control for bed bugs can actually work. If bed bugs have taken over your home and you are looking for a safe and effective way to get rid of them, Freedom Pest Control has a team of experts with the experience needed for quality bed bug pest control in Portsmouth.
How To Tell If It's Bed Bugs In Your Home
Before spending time on bed bug control techniques for your home, it is important to determine if bed bugs are what you are dealing with. You can tell if it’s bed bugs in your home if you are seeing any of the following:
- You might have bed bugs if you see blood on your bed sheets or pillowcases.
- Your bed, clothes, or walls have dark, rust-colored spots from bed bugs' excrement.
- Bed bugs will shed skins in hidden areas.
- If you notice a strong, musty smell, it could be from bed bugs' scent glands.
- Bed bugs might litter your house with their eggs or eggshells, which are tiny and pale yellow, and are shed as the nymphs become larger throughout the life cycle.
- You notice bites on yourself or other members of your household. They are usually itchy and red, with a zigzag or cluster pattern, and can be flat or raised.
If you are not sure if you have bed bugs or another type of pest, reach out for professional bed bug control. Left unchecked, the infestation might get worse and harder to control.
The Problems A Bed Bug Infestation Can Create
If these different signs have you feeling pretty confident that you are in fact dealing with bed bugs, it is crucial that you do not leave an infestation unchecked, as bed bugs can create many concerning problems including the following:
- Bed bugs cause painful, red, and itchy bites.
- Bed bug bites can lead to allergic reactions. These can be mild or lead to anaphylaxis, and may require medical intervention.
- Bed bug bites can cause secondary skin infections like impetigo and lymphangitis.
- Bed bugs can greatly disrupt your sleep, cause you to develop insomnia, and lower your immune system as a result.
- Bed bugs multiply rapidly and can cause hundreds of bites in a single night.
If you are in need of local pest control for bed bugs in Portsmouth, contact the experts at Freedom Pest Control today. With solid experience and knowledge of the various bed bug control techniques for your home, we can put an end to your infestation as quickly as possible.
Why It's Nearly Impossible To Get Rid Of Bed Bugs On Your Own
While it is tempting to try methods for DIY natural pest control for bed bugs first, unfortunately, they are not known to be effective enough to permanently get rid of bed bugs. Not only do bed bugs reproduce very quickly and might multiply faster than you can kill them, but they are also highly resistant to most types of pesticides. When it comes to bed bug control, time is of the essence as not only does the bed bug population increase exponentially, it also takes several weeks of proper treatment to fully get rid of them. Many DIY methods only treat bed bugs you can see, while not addressing a larger infestation hiding out of sight. If you suspect a bed bug infestation has taken over your home, it is crucial that you start looking for professional bed bug control as soon as possible.
Contact The Bed Bug Control Experts At The First Sign Of A Problem
Local pest control for bed bugs is the safe, effective way to get rid of your bed bugs infestation. If your home has been invaded by bed bugs and you are looking for bed bug pest control in Portsmouth, the experts at Freedom Pest Control can answer all your bed bug questions and provide a treatment plan to get rid of them for good.