Carpenter bee damage can seriously put your home in danger of structural collapse, especially if you ignore carpenter bee treatments. If you want to avoid carpenter bee wood damage and eliminate carpenter bees for good, you should contact pest control in Merrimac when you see signs of this pest.
How To Identify Carpenter Bees
It is crucial to be sure that carpenter bees are the pest invading your property, as this will allow you to implement the best treatment options. You can tell carpenter bees apart from bumblebees and other stinging insects by using the following identifiers:
- You will commonly see carpenter bees buzzing around the wooden structures of your home, such as decks and patios, while bumblebees will be near flowers.
- Carpenter bees are fatter than other stinging insects, such as yellow jackets, and they have a solid black body, unlike bumblebees with a yellow striped abdomen.
- Male carpenter bees will have a white dot on their face, and females will have an all-black face. The upper body on both will be fuzzy and yellow.
- Carpenter bees tend to fly in darting, zigzag lines.
- Carpenter bees are not likely to sting or be aggressive unless directly threatened. Unlike yellow jackets or other stinging insects that are highly likely to sting if you are near them.
Does Anything Instantly Kill Carpenter Bees?
If you are looking into how to get rid of carpenter bees, you may come across DIY carpenter bee treatment methods such as spraying a solution of vinegar and water into carpenter bee holes. While this can kill carpenter bees instantly, it might not be the best option if you are trying to remove a widespread infestation.
Professional carpenter bee removal is the best method to kill this pest instantly and eliminate carpenter bees for good. Our experts at Freedom Pest Control will provide you with targeted solutions and eradicate this pest from your home.
What Damages Can Carpenter Bees Cause In Merrimac?
Carpenter bee damage can become severe if an infestation of this pest is left untreated. They will tunnel into the wooden structures of your home and completely hollow out the wood, which could lead to structural collapse and the wood breaking away.
Additionally, carpenter bee wood damage may introduce moisture to the internal wooden structures of your home. This results in the wood rotting from the inside out, making it easier for bees to invade, creating costly repairs and adding to the risk of structural collapse.
What Is The Best Treatment For Carpenter Bees?
The best treatment for carpenter bees is to reach out to our professionals at Freedom Pest Control. Our specialists are highly trained in proper carpenter bee removal and can quickly determine the scale of your infestation. Armed with specific information about your property, our experts will develop customized treatment plans that address your particular needs and will work to remove all traces of a carpenter bee infestation.
So, instead of investing your time into DIY methods and home remedies that may be hit or miss in eradicating carpenter bees, trust our professionals at Freedom Pest Control to handle it. We will protect your property from invasions of this buzzing, tunneling pest year-round.