Believe it or not, homes and businesses don’t have to be especially dirty to have cockroach issues. The availability of food, water, and warmth are all that’s needed to attract these pesky bugs. It takes nothing for them to get indoors, as they can slip through small holes. Cockroaches procreate quickly, so pest control in Merrimac, MA, is essential.
Even if there’s hardly any food and the weather is unforgiving, all types of cockroaches can survive. They’re tough enough to withstand commercial insecticides too. Find out now how to keep cockroaches away for the long haul. Services from Freedom Pest Control can enhance your plans. We have potent cockroach control products that you can’t find anywhere else.
What Do Oriental Cockroaches Look Like?
Oriental bugs are among the types of cockroaches in the area. Though they’re 0.98 of an inch long, their bodies are relatively compact. Their reddish-brown or black or skin glistens. Unlike some of their relatives, this subgroup’s wings are useless. Sometimes they’re called “water bugs” because they heavily rely on the fluid. When they gather near gutters, storm drains, and the like, they’ll use the utilities to enter your place.
Once you see cockroaches in broad daylight, you can say you have an infestation. Commonly, they’ll congregate in dark spaces with dampness, humidity, or a food source. For instance, kitchens, bathrooms, and basements. As signs of a cockroach infestation arise, you’ll encounter the following:
- Eggs: Eggs and casings are tan, red, black, or brown. Size-wise, they’re 1 inch long or less.
- Droppings And Fecal Marks: Cockroach excrement is typically rounded, blunt-ended, or gritty. You’ll find pieces in floor corners and drawers or on door frames and surfaces.
- Shed skin: The cockroach exoskeleton will be removed before these pests reach adulthood.
- Odors: The musty communication chemicals and secretions of these critters can shift the smell and flavor of food.
Why Are Oriental Cockroaches Dangerous?
Streets, sewers, dumpsters, and similar regions are where cockroaches settle if they’re not in an urban or residential zone. As you might guess, they’re bound to be covered in germs; considering that the spines on their legs are sticky, it’s a certainty. Moreover, they have natural skin microbes, and bacteria are also in their waste and saliva. If your food and surfaces are contaminated, you stand to contract salmonella, gastroenteritis, pathogens, viruses, and more. Allergy and asthma obstacles are correlated with exposure to dead skin, carcass, and the cockroach exoskeleton.
Why Is It So Hard To Get Rid Of Oriental Roaches In Homes?
To emphasize, cockroaches are formidable. They reproduce in large numbers very quickly, and they can get past crevices with ease. For these reasons, combating them is difficult without professional help.
The Secret To Effective Cockroach Control In Merrimac, MA
Trying to push out oriental cockroach populations after they’ve festered is more complex than you think. It’s better to depend on preventative protocols instead of action when there are signs of a cockroach infestation. Proactive measures don’t include retail insecticides, which can be toxic and ultimately ineffective. Doing the following instead is how to keep cockroaches away:
- Seal gaps in foundations and utilities.
- Repair moisture fractures as soon as possible.
- Ensure sweeps and screens are in good condition.
- Mow the lawn and trim the greenery often.
- Distance plants from the property by two feet.
- Put food and garbage in secure containers.
- Take out the trash frequently.
- Routinely clean the kitchen thoroughly.
- Vacuum carpeting regularly.
At Freedom Pest Control, our oriental cockroach control products are industrial-grade and eco-friendly. You can dodge the caveats that come with shelf goods and do-it-yourself (DIY) techniques by contacting us. Guarantees are available! If you call or email us today, you’ll have access to a free quote!