Bats in Merrimac are a common sight, but many people are afraid of them. Some homeowners have had problems with bats getting into their homes, and wonder if they pose a safety threat. Freedom Pest Control will answer some of the most common questions about bats: Do they carry rabies? What should you do if you see one in your home? How can pest control in Merrimac help you keep them from coming back? Read on for more information on these fascinating creatures.
Can Bats Hurt My Family And Pets?
Bats are generally not aggressive and are not usually a direct threat to humans and pets. In fact, they are more afraid of us than we are of them. They also play a key role in our ecosystem, serving as pollinators and helping to control insect populations.
However, there are a few things to keep in mind if you have bats on your property:
- While rabies is rare in bats, it is still possible for them to carry the disease. If you or your pet is bitten by a bat, seek medical attention immediately.
- Bats can sometimes carry other diseases that can be harmful to humans, such as histoplasmosis. While these diseases are not common, it is important to be aware of the risks.
- Bat droppings can contain a fungus that can sometimes cause lung infections in people with weakened immune systems.
Bats are important to the environment, but dangerous a pest in your home. If you're having trouble with bats, don't hesitate to contact a bat pest control professional like Freedom Pest Control.
Do Bats Carry Rabies?
Rabies is a serious disease that can be deadly to humans and pets, but fortunately, only a small percentage of bats carry the virus. Still, if you are bitten by a bat, it's important to seek medical attention right away and have the wound treated. The sooner you get medical attention, the better your chances are of avoiding the disease. To keep your pets safe, make sure they are up to date on their rabies vaccinations.
Can Bats Get In My House?
The answer is yes, they can. Bats can squeeze through very small openings, which is how they sometimes end up in people's homes. It's important to learn how to control bats in the house. First, seal up any cracks or openings in your home, especially around the roofline. You should also make sure that your chimney is covered and that there are no gaps around your doors or windows.
The best way to control bats in Merrimac is to call an expert like Freedom Pest Control. We will do a thorough inspection of your property, and we will also help you find and seal up any openings that they may have used to get into your home.
How Do I Get Rid Of The Bats On My Property?
There are a few things you can do to keep bats away from your property:
- Remove potential food source: Bats are attracted to areas where there are insects for them to eat. If you reduce the insect population on your property, you will also reduce the number of bats.
- Use lights and sound deterrents: Bats are sensitive to light and sound, so you can use these to deter them from your property.
- Contact a professional: If you are having trouble getting rid of bats, call Freedom Pest Control. We are the bat control specialists for your Merrimac home and we will be happy to help.
Bats can be a nuisance, but with the help of Freedom Pest Control, you can keep them off your property. We've been providing humane bat control in Merrimac since 1994. We can inspect for bats anytime, and remove them during the periods of the year allowed by the state of Massachusetts. If you have any questions about bat control or our home pest control and commercial pest control services, please call us at Freedom Pest Control today to schedule a free quote.