People have all kinds of reactions when it comes to encountering mice. Some may think they’re cute little critters, and others may start to panic. No matter which category you fit into, there’s one thing that is certain: a mouse in your house is something that needs to be taken seriously. Mouse infestations are a very real problem across the country, and it is no different here in Merrimac.
Mice in your home can cause all types of problems, from structural damage to posing health risks to you and your family. If you suspect you might have an issue with mice in your home or business, it's best to contact your local Merrimac pest control company, as an infestation of mice can get out of control in a hurry. Here at Freedom Pest Control, we have the best solutions for controlling mice or any other pest problem you may be experiencing.
Signs Of Mice In Your Merrimac Home
Mice can reproduce at an extremely fast pace, so detecting mouse infestations signs at an early stage is of key importance. A female mouse can produce a dozen babies every few weeks. If left unattended, a mouse can live indoors for up to two to three years, which means their populations can quickly grow. Besides the obvious sighting of a mouse, watch for some of the tell-tale signs:
- You may notice their droppings left around the house. Their feces are small, elongated-shaped pellets.
- A musty odor may accompany an infestation of mice. Their urine can also emit a rather acrid smell.
- Noticing gnawing or chewing marks on furniture, electrical cords, or walls is also an indication of the presence of mice.
- They are always looking for food. Watch for torn open food packages in your cabinets or pantries.
- If you hear squeaking or scratching sounds coming from your walls, odds are they are mice.
If you observe one or more of these hints that mice are sharing your living space, don’t ignore them. Call in the professionals before it gets out of hand.
Can Mice In Your House Make You Sick?
The simple answer to that question is yes. Salmonellosis, hantavirus, and listeriosis are just a few of the diseases mice carry. Mice can spread bacteria and pathogens around your home and in your food via their urine, feces, and saliva. They can also bring fleas, ticks, and mites with them, causing a whole host of new issues. Their existence in a home can also cause flareups for people who have allergies.
The Safest Way To Get Rid Of Mice
Attempting to take care of a mouse infestation on your own can be an arduous and futile task. The safest and most effective way to get rid of mice in your Merrimac residence is to leave it up to those who are equipped and trained to do it properly. Freedom Pest Control has the technicians to fit that description. We have more than 25 years of experience in mouse control, so give us a call to learn about our treatment and prevention plans.
Natural Mouse Prevention Tips
You can go out and purchase mouse traps, poison, and other products designed to tackle a mouse problem. But who wants to handle traps with dead mice or distribute harmful chemicals around their house just to find out that it didn’t work anyway? These tips can go a long way toward mice prevention:
- Be diligent in keeping your kitchen floors, countertops, and food pantries clean and clutter-free.
- Ensure that indoor and outdoor garbage cans are always closed and that lids fit snugly.
- Mow lawns and trim shrubs on a regular basis, especially any foliage around the base of your foundation.
- Check for any crevices, cracks, or holes where mice can enter and seal them off.
As you can see, keeping a clean and organized house can be crucial to pest control, mice included. Unfortunately, these tips alone aren’t always enough. Freedom Pest Control is ready and at your service. We have the mouse control solutions to keep your mind at ease.