Wasps are useful pollinators, but when they invade your yard, they can quickly become a nuisance. Not only can wasps disrupt your outdoor dining experience, but they can also cause painful, and sometimes deadly, stings. Learn about the different types of wasps that can invade your yard, wasp prevention tips to make your yard less attractive to wasps including a list of the various wasp-repelling plants, and the best way to get rid of wasp nests if one is already present on your property. Freedom Pest Control provides safe and effective Portsmouth pest control, allowing you to make your wasp problem a thing of the past.
The Types Of Wasps That Invade Portsmouth Yards
There are several types of wasps that can invade your Portsmouth yard. Here are several common kinds that you might encounter:
- Various hornets (baldfaced and European) can sting repeatedly, unlike bees.
- Wasps (paper wasp, scoliid wasp, parasitic wasp) will attack if threatened.
- Yellowjackets can attack by the hundreds.
- Mud daubers can cause painful stings.
If one of these wasps has taken over your property, call Freedom Pest Control for the safest wasp removal options based on your specific situation.
All The Ways Wasps Can Be Problematic In Your Yard
There are many reasons why wasps can be problematic in your yard. Whether you are dealing with paper wasps or yellowjackets, they can all cause the same issues, including stinging without warning, disrupting outdoor meals by swarming around your food, and causing allergic reactions that can be life-threatening. Yellowjackets have even been known to sting by the hundreds if you accidentally disrupt them during everyday activities like lawn mowing. The problems multiply if there is an actual nest on your property, as wasps will be present in greater numbers, and will be more difficult to get rid of. If you are looking for paper wasp nest removal in Portsmouth, make sure to call the professionals at Freedom Pest Control. The best way to get rid of wasp nests is by hiring an expert, as you can become the victim of multiple wasp stings without any guarantee that you will get rid of them.
How To Naturally Make Your Yard Less Attractive To Wasps
If you are not at the wasp removal stage yet, and want to focus on wasp prevention, there are several ways that you can make your yard less attractive to wasps.
- Plant wasp-repelling vegetation such as cucumbers, basil, geraniums, wormwood, and marigolds.
- Avoid planting flowers, which can attract wasps due to their pollen. Just like honeybees, wasps are natural pollinators that are attracted to sweets.
- Keep food, including leftovers, stored away.
- Keep all trash cans closed tightly and as clean as possible.
- Clean up spills as soon as possible.
- Do not leave standing water out on your property.
Contact The Pros For Total Wasp Control For Your Yard
If one or more of the many types of wasps have taken over your property, you will want to take immediate steps to get rid of them. Removing a nest by yourself can be dangerous, and is best left to the professionals. Contact Freedom Pest Control for your paper wasp nest removal needs while the nest is still small and it is early in the season for total wasp control of your yard. The longer you wait, the more difficult it will be to get rid of your wasp infestation and the more danger you and your family may face.