Would you ever adopt a mouse as a pet? These small rodents do make comforting companions. They also make frustrating pests. The difference between a pest mouse and a pet mouse is that pet mice live in cages. This cage keeps our furry friends from becoming furry foes. If you are worried about dirty, wild mice invading your Merrimac home and causing problems, here are some things to consider today. For information about quick services to remove these pests, call our team at Freedom Pest Control. Let us walk you through your options and find pest control in Merrimac that meets your needs.
Signs You May Be Dealing With A Mouse Infestation
Mice are small and quiet creatures. Their main goal when inside your home is to avoid being seen. At first, they might succeed. As infestations grow, however, you will start noticing some clear signs of mice. Here are a few to look for today.
- Scratching and scampering noises inside your wall voids late at night
- Small pellets of fecal matter in the back of cupboards, pantries, and the corners of rooms
- The smell of urine or the presence of urine pillars, which consist of grease, dirt, and hair that combine with mouse urine
- Damage to food boxes and droppings inside stored products
- Holes in walls, floors, and sometimes ceilings
- Live or dead mice around your home
Identifying mice is not easy. For help finding a problem indoors, let our team help. We know how to spot different types of mice and would be happy to pay your home a visit.
Mice Can Cause Problems In Your Home
Although mice can be cute, they are equally problematic. These furry rodents are carriers of many harmful diseases like hantavirus, lymphocytic choriomeningitis, and salmonella. They also regularly carry fleas and ticks indoors. These pests also spread diseases to humans. If you have indoor pets that do not have flea/tick collars, they could also be at risk. What makes things even worse is that mice love to chew on things. They nibble holes through walls and boxes, sever electrical wiring, gnaw on furniture legs, tear up fabrics and books, and cause other damage.
The Easiest Way To Get Rid Of Mice In Merrimac
Whether you have a group of mice inside your home or just one causing stress, we have your solution at Freedom Pest Control. We study these pests and methods to control them so that you don’t have to. Find out more about our mouse control options by calling our team today. Let us talk you through our comprehensive services and schedule an appointment for your home and property.
Natural Ways To Keep Mice Away From Your Home
After you get mice from your home, your next step should be implementing some preventative measures. Here are six great natural methods to keep these pests out of your home.
- Inspect your home’s exterior. Seal any gaps and cracks you find using a caulking gun or some liquid cement.
- Repair damage to your windows/doors and make sure they are properly sealed.
- Clean your home regularly and address spills and food messes as they occur.
- Make sure all of your trash cans have tight-fitting, rodent-proof lids.
- Address moisture problems like leaks, water in sinks, and damaged gutters.
- Store all of your food inside sealable containers.
Contact us today to learn about our long-term rodent control options and schedule your home for a visit. Find out today why we are your best option to get rid of mice.